- 200g firm organic tofu chopped into small pieces
- 1 red onion roughly chopped
- 1/4C crushed peanuts
- ½ C beansprouts
- 1 finely chopped carrot
- 2 diced tomatoes
- 4 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 1 tbs red chilli past (see Massaman Curry for recipe)
- 1 tbs canola oil
- 1 tbs crushed red chili flakes
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4C light coconut milk
- 1/4C water
- 200g rice pad thai noodles
- Soak the rice noodles overnight
- Preheat a non-stick frypan for a few minutes
- Once hot add the onion, tomato, carrot, oil and chili paste, adding a tablespoon of water at a time if the mixture starts to burn, cook on high for a few minutes.
- Decrease heat to medium and add tofu. Cook for a few more minutes.
- Add coconut milk and let simmer until well combined.
- Add the noodles and water. Mix thoroughly.
- Stir through the soy sauce, sugar, lime juice, chili flakes and bean sprouts. Let the mixture simmer for a few minutes.
- Serve with another sprinkle of lime juice and crushed peanuts.