This recipe is modified from: ‘Quinoa The Everyday Superfood 365’
- 1C white quinoa
- ½ sliced almonds or walnut pieces
- 150g baby spinach
- 150g light crumbed feta
- 1 finely diced red onion
- 1 pomegranate, seeded
- 4 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs honey
- 1 tbs Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small saucepan add the quinoa and 2C of water. Bring to boil. Then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until cooked. Fluff with a fork.
- Combine the nuts, spinach, pomegranate, onion, quinoa and feta in a bowl.
- Whisk the vinegar, oil, honey and mustard.
- Add the dressing to the salad and mix thoroughly.
For a lower fat version substitute the olive oil with lemon juice and either reduce or omit the feta.